Friday, May 11, 2012

So the past 8 days have many bumps and brusies, literally. Last Thursday Coy fell in his baseball game and injured the growth plate in his humerus bone near te shoulder of his right arm. He is in a sling for two weeks. Then on Monday of this week we were at Owen Middle School for a conference playoff baseball game for Tanner and my father in law (Papaw) fell over the chain gate you had to step over to get in and out. It was very traumatic for me as we helped him and my childern were watching. He was taken by ambulance to Mission. Nothing was found to be broken, but I am positive he has a mild concussion. Then yesterday we were back at Owen for the championship game and Tanner was hit by a pitch just above his left elbow. Rarely will you see him show pain, it was tough to see. He is doing much better after icing and keeping it moving. They did not win the game, but it was a very tough fought game, and they lost 8-9 at the plate on a not so great call by the umpire that would have been the third out or the winning run...uggghhh.... I am now looking forward to a weekend of no baseball, though I think we may go watch the Enka Softball game tonight, it is their first playoff game:-) Enjoy the small things because "Money Dosen't Grow On Trees"

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love your new blog! It is super cute! I'm sorry your family had a rough week. I hope your father in law is ok. It is always so scary when an older person falls. You are a true sports mom! I love it! I hope I can get into sports when Reid gets older, it is so foreign to me. I went to the dentist last week to get a filling replaced and I couldn't help but miss working at the office. What is wrong with me?? I should be happy to stay home with the kids. They drive me crazy sometimes and I feel like I need a break and go to work! :) But, life is good. I hope you are doing well! Love ya!